|Happy birthday to meeeee. Wheeeeee.|
So I've been 25 years old for a week and one day now, and I don't feel any different really...25 seems so strange a concept to me: it's right in the middle of your 20s, the truest quarterlife-crisis number, the year when you can rent a car and have lower car insurance and stuff.
Hmph, I should rent a car.
This post should be about my birthday, the anniversary of my birth, the number of times I've revolved around the sun completely. 25. In three more 25-year segments I'll be 100. If I were a coin, I'd be 1/4 of a dollar. Why the comparisons? Why the fractions and mathematical breakdown of an age?
|The squirrel makes sense. Just keep reading.|
I dunno really. But it's really quite alright. And I don't think the actual celebration that took place on my birthday serves as a foreshadowing representation of my 25th year as a whole. [Does that sentence even make sense?] Anyway, in a nutshell:
- I woke up to get ready for work (because my boss didn't approve my request for the day off.
- My mother was sick, and my younger sister was dead asleep, so nobody sang happy birthday in the morning.
- Nobody seemed to care that it was my birthday, I don't even think I cared about it.
- It was pretty rainy on my way to work, and as I made my way down the usual route, a squirrel jumped in front of my car and I killed it.
- The sudden death of the squirrel caused me to laugh and cry, simultaneously.
- Work was lame and not busy at all, hahahaha. And for the birthday lunch we had pizza. I also received a few gifts and birthday cards.
- I left work and went home. We "celebrated" my birthday by eating cake with some of my close family. Then everyone left because more storms were on their way.
- My younger sister and I drove around for a bit, just before the storms hit...a small hurrah for being a year older.
Summer's gonna be awesome.
P.S. Out of all the presents I received for my birthday, I STILL DID NOT RECEIVE A BLACK LABRADOR PUPPY!!! I guess I'll have to get one myself...one of these days BAYBAYYSSSS...one of these days.
|This would be a picture of my black lab puppy...IF I HAD ONE!!!!!|