Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Night

It's Sunday night, patio door is open, the feeling that occurs right before a thunderstorm is making itself known. Just another wonderful, peaceful Sunday to add to my memories.

Before you read on, I do strongly advise you to scroll all the way to the bottom of this post and "play" the video. That way you'll have some music accompaniment to this winding post. DO IT!!!

I could apologize for the millionth time for not posting as frequently as I used to, but I'll feel guiltier because I'm not quite sure when the next time I'll post will be after this one. (Rest assured, I'll be on vacation next Saturday, and after I walk in the March of Dimes (for BABIES!) I'm gonna have so much time on my hands I won't know what to do with myself! :)

I had planned to go to New York during this vacation time, but alas, it is not the right moment to do so for countless reasons. But it's okay, I have modified my plans to go in October, which I think is a wonderful time to travel anywhere. And nothing (I'm gonna fight if I have to!) is going to stop me from going this time haha.

Anyway, there were quite a bit of topics I wanted to write about prior to today, but I never got around to writing them down, just because I know that upon reflecting on specific topics, I would become enraged and disillusioned with humanity and death, so I have chosen to hang on to my faith and hope and live on optimistically. Basically, the best I can do is the best I can do.

How about Friday night , eyy? We were mere hours away from a government shutdown, and I seriously had no idea what that meant. I felt ashamed of myself for not being more informed, so I decided to do a little bit of research to educate myself on the topic. Apparently, had Congress not come to an agreement over the budget, all but the "essential" government jobs would shut down, cease to operate, and those employees would be placed on furlough. Oh, but the good ole Congress people would still get paid, because they can only be affected by direct law. (Does that seem fair?) Meanwhile, we'd be essentially defenseless: no one to monitor diseases at the CDC, no one processing/approving passports or visas, etc. As I went through my research, I found out that a shutdown did actually happen back during Clinton's first term (1995 I believe?). I was only a child at the time, so I had no idea this had ever happened. Crazy stuff. Anyway, what's this stuff about the so-called Ryan Plan? I attempted to (seriously, I gave it my all) read this budget plan, and even though the website that promotes the Ryan Plan is all colorful, has fancy slides and whatever, I could not, for the life of me, read past the introduction. Perhaps you can, go ahead, read it, and explain it to me! Well, I'll give it another try, see what they have to offer (on the conservative side), and hopefully none of my "big government" influences blind my judgment lol. Frankly, I'm enjoying Paul Krugman's blog posts more, but who wouldn't!?

Here's the link for the Ryan Plan, I promise I'll read into it more and become a more worthy debater. Ha!

Now I seriously do apologize for making this particular post kind of sort of political (though I really haven't [or have I?] made it too biased). If you play this video below (Oasis, ohmygoodness), maybe it'll make you feel, well, high bahahaha, or like you're just driving around. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment