Sunday, November 21, 2010

Home Again, Home Again

Last week I drove down to Mexico with my mother and uncle. The mission: to collect my adorable grandmother at the border and bring her home (to good ole Dallas, TX) for Thanksgiving and whatnot.

Anyway, rather than to bore y'all with wordy details about driving endless hours to and fro, I present my trip in pictures. Enjoy!


Start of trip: 7 pm
 From 8 pm to 2 am: neverending highway with 1 stop for gas and then one stop for a tiny bit of sleep.
Utter darkness for like fifty years.
Sleeping for three measly hours.
 Then crossing the border at the nice hour of 6 in the morning.
That's totally what it looks like.
 Then, success: Grandmother acquired and taken.
Yay everyone!
Those were super fun border adventures (in which, we were criminals! :D).

My poor drawing skills no longer have to torture y'all: I took pictures on the way back home. I lost track of time in between, but it lasted like 500 years.
The beginning of the end.

Pretty skies with sheepy clouds!!

COTULLA!!

They're working on building a red building.

Uhm, San Antonio.

If there's a McDonald's, you know you've reached civilization.


Yay pollution!

We must be in Austin, so much traffic.

Traffic fun times.


More highway.


Cheese. My goodness.


Floating truck.

A li'l competition never hurt nobody.

American Indian head.



Somewhere along the way, we passed Waco. I was too excited looking for the CATERPILLAR, that I didn't care to take pictures of Waco. Sorry Waco, but you're not very interesting. (This is what Waco basically looks like.)
Cows, of course.
One hay rolly thing.
"Lotsa" hay rolly things.
CATERPILLAR!!!
Dome-y buildings!
Hi, CATERPILLAR!!
Yay Waxahachie :D


Good ole Dallas.

The end! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment