Friday, December 30, 2011

Hair

I mentioned earlier this week that I would possibly cut my hair. Well, I did it.

The style I had in mind was like Zooey Deschanel's style---you know, with the bangs in the front and the even-ish hair in the back. Very versatile, working well in curly locks or straight. So I googled a few images of her and saved them on my phone to have ready to show to the "hair operator" at Indira Salon.

What I had in mind.
As I was driving to my appointment, I became plagued by hair insecurities: what if the stylist messes up? What if she doesn't understand my pronunciation of "Zooey?" What if I look like the girl from The Exorcist!?

Upon further thought, I became more sure that I'd look like this child.
In the end, I went to the salon. I told the "hair operator" how I wanted my hair (and she gave me a sort of blank, almost misunderstood, look when I told her I wanted my hair to look Zooey Deschanel). Goodness! She washed my hair with such wonderful-smelling shampoo and conditioner, and she also put some minty hair cream. My hair instantly felt lighter and fluffier and shinier. The hair operator began her work and blow-dried my hair. No curls, but straight hair ain't so bad, you know.

I always do this. I can't take a real picture without laughing.
I apologize. I promise I'll post a picture that actually shows my haircut, not just the bangs!

No comments:

Post a Comment