Monday, March 19, 2012

Music Monday: All Alone

Happy Music Monday!! It's been quite a week---I guess I'll divulge a few details...I had a couple of interviews, one of which I really hope I get the job for (seeing as how it is exactly what I should be doing with my degree), I bought 18 pounds worth of grapefruit (it seemed like a good deal at the time!), I bought a few splendidly awesome articles of clothing (whydoIdothisIneedtoSTOPbutitfeelssogoodtospendmoneyandlookAMAZING)...

Well when I summarize my week that way it doesn't seem too busy, but believe me, it was busy! By Friday evening, I was pooped. Figuratively, and consequently I missed hanging out with some really cool kids (my bank friends!) that evening. I did however recharge, and by Saturday, I was able to wash ALL of my laundry (that's a HUGE accomplishment, btw), babysit my super smart and witty cousins, and hang out with some other friends (if only for a little while lol). By Sunday, I looked back at the days before and thought, "Wow, this is what being a grownup feels like!" Just add a few songs in there (the soundtrack of my life this season), a lot of daydreaming and inner-battling, and a few cups of coffee, and you've got a pretty good idea of what I lived.

Anyway, Fun. is coming this Wednesday to Dallas. I really REALLY REALLY wish I could go, but unfortunately, I was too late in buying tickets and the concert is supposedly sold out now...SUPPOSEDLY, my younger sister is trying to figure out if there might be tickets...somewhere...

I guess it's okay if I don't end up going to this concert---I'm not gonna die, y'know?---BUT it wouldn't hurt anyone if I was able to go and ENJOY such an awesome musical event.


In any case, if I don't attend the concert, at least I have the album? I'll just have it on constant repeat. For as long as possible. I love the song above, by the way. Like a lot. I hope y'all can enjoy and appreciate it too.

A note about the grapefruit purchase: I went to Whole Foods with my sister and mother, and I gotta say, I LOVE GRAPEFRUIT. I like dissecting it, biting the little pulpy-pulp, swallowing bit by bit...I should keep this clean...ANYWAY, I saw this large 18-lb bag of grapefruit. The promotional price stated it was basically $0.50/lb, and I was like, "Whoa, that's a great deal. I should totally buy this large bag." And there you go. 18 pounds of grapefruit. One little problem though: grapefruit, like any other food item, perishes over time...so now I'm on a race against time to eat as much grapefruit before they all rot. TOO MUCH GRAPEFRUIT, NOT ENOUGH TIME!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll eat another grapefruit now. See ya! :)

OH, BEFORE I FORGET!!!!! BIG NEWS: I'm participating in the March of Dimes March for Babies, you might be able to see from the sidebar on the right...Now, last year, I didn't really have a fundraising goal, but this year, I plan on raising $125. (Either way, I'm going to donate $125 myself, but if y'all would like to donate to this great organization, feel free to do so!) It's a long story for me, but I really care about babies' health. You know, they can't really defend themselves, so it is up to us to look out for them. I suggest you go to their website (click here) and read the inspiring success stories of babies who have benefited from March of Dimes' research and aid. You can also visit my PERSONAL MARCH FOR BABIES PAGE (username: eunitidbits):

Please help me help babies!! It'll be greatly appreciated!! Any little bit helps :)

P.S. I feel a little love-ly. Whatever that means...

No comments:

Post a Comment